210 N. Santa Fe Ave.
Admission for the day grants entry to the Helen T. White Galleries and Buell Children’s Museum. It is $10 for Adults, $8 for Children (ages 3 -16), Military with ID, and Seniors 65+. 2-Day admission is available for $15. Note that all branches of the military, and their families, are free from May 18 through Labor Day with government ID. Arts Center Members are always free.
THE SANGRE DE CRISTO ARTS CENTER & BUELL CHILDREN’S MUSEUM WILL BE TEMPORARILY CLOSED THROUGH MAY 31.
In response to heightened concerns relating to the spread of COVID-19 and the health and well-being of our public, the Sangre de Cristo Arts Center and Buell Children’s Museum will be temporarily closed through Sunday, May 31. This closure applies to all on-campus activities including school of dance, museum admission, leisure classes, and performances. A virtual dance studio is now running. This decision was made based on guidance from our government officials and informed by local school district calendars in response to a rapidly evolving situation. As requested by Governor Polis, events with 10 people or more are postponed and Colorado residents are under a safer-at-home order. Dates may be extended if necessary; updates will be provided as they are available.
Those who have registered for events and classes at the Arts Center in the coming weeks will receive communication about re-scheduled dates. If you have questions about those programs, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The performance “A Bit of Sea Between: A Celtic Adventure” on Friday, March 13, will be re-scheduled.
- The perfomance of “1984” on Sunday, March 15 is cancelled. Ticket holders will be mailed a refund within 3 weeks.
- The performance of “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Ballet” on Friday, April 17 will be re-scheduled.
- The performance of “Space-A-Cade”, Saturday April 18 will be re-scheduled.
- The performance of “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Ballet” on Sunday, April 19 will be re-scheduled.
- The performance of “Hot Fudge Sunday” on Sunday, April 26 will be re-scheduled.
- The performance of “Opera a la Carte” on Saturday, May 16 is cancelled.
- The performance of “Immortal Beethoven” by Veronika String Quartet on Wednesday, May 20 is cancelled.
- The Anniversary Gala Fundraiser on Friday, June 5 is cancelled.
- Summer Festival Fridays series is cancelled.
For performances listed as re-scheduled, ticket holders will be contacted once a new date is confirmed. You do not need to do anything.
While we do not have live phone service available, messages may be left at our main line, (719) 295-7200, or sent to email@example.com and will be returned as quickly as possible. We look forward to welcoming you back to explore our galleries and experience our programming at a future date.
Thank you for your understanding.
Updated May 13, 2020
What this means for the Arts Center
This closure has already had a significant effect on the Arts Center’s ability to earn income. We welcome and encourage contributions to help us sustain through this outbreak and continue to fulfill our mission in Southern Colorado. If this is something you care about, you can help us by donating here. See how the CARES Act impacts charitable giving for 2020.
In these times, we are grateful for our generous donors and the vibrancy of our community. Stay inspired by checking our social media where we are posting images from our permanent collection and other inspiring content.
Ultimately, our goal is to be sure the Arts Center remains a viable institution once it reopens to the public. The mental health of the community will be in great need of the healing power of art in order to recover from the widespread grief caused by the Covid-19 epidemic. The Arts Center has had success in providing relief for those who are going through traumatic experiences or need help to process feelings. Art has been shown to reduce stress and anxiety and can actually raise serotonin levels. Southern Colorado deserves to heal and grow, and we are a partner in that process
- Summer Sippers Wine Class - 06/18/20 - 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 3-2-1 Countdown to Fun - 07/30/20 - 12:00 am
- Rent Day / First Friday Art Walk - 09/04/20 - 11:45 am - 7:00 pm